Everybody knows the benefits of Online Shopping, and the most important is life easy. Before you can start an eCommerce business, you should know what eCommerce selling entails. eCommerce encompasses any commercial transaction that involves the transfer of information across the internet. Therefore, eCommerce can take many different formats. It includes a branded website, marketplaces like Amazon and eBay, selling on social media platforms, or anything else of the sort. There are many ways to sell to consumers over the internet, which allows businesses to sell to consumers anywhere, anytime.
Our favourite software
Our favourite software to build your eCommerce solutions is Opencart. Benefit from the built-in SEO. Easy manage products, customers, orders, taxes rules, coupon codes and more. Opencart provides the biggest eCommerce selections of modules and themes to expand your store functionality. Last but not least OpenCart offers free community or dedicated commercial support.
Check out some of the major benefits of eCommerce selling.
Top 7 Advantages of eCommerce
These advantages are many of the reasons why merchants are turning to eCommerce and causing sales to grow.
1. Get Up and Running Fast
Unlike traditional retail, your eCommerce store can be up and running in just a few clicks (if you're looking for a basic store.) eCommerce platforms like Shopify let you use pre-made templates to create your store. Marketplaces like Amazon or eBay just require you to set up an account before you start selling.
For owners looking for a quick start, eCommerce will be your best bet. As long as you have a connection to the internet and a computer, you can start your business from anywhere, even from your couch!
2. Low Cost
In many cases, it costs less to start an eCommerce business. See how:
Some eCommerce platforms are free to sign-up
Marketplaces are free to sign- up
Use drop shipping to procure inventory without a large, upfront investment
Social media, organic search, and Google Adwords are cost-effective ways to market your business
Run and manage business by yourself to eliminate costs of payroll
When you're first starting out, eCommerce allows you to avoid many of the large, upfront investments that traditional retail can incur. You can build out your business as your sales grow.
3. Increase Brand Awareness
In 2014, 81% of shoppers conducted online research before buying. It's probably safe to assume those numbers have increased since.
Customers research online first, whether they buy online or in-store. Having an online presence helps makes sure that potential customers find your product information and are able to comparison shop. When they do a product search online, you want to be listed among the top results.
This increases your brand awareness so you're always in front of your customers.
4. Expand Customer Reach
eCommerce provides new channels for you to reach more customers. Whether you're just starting out or an existing seller, there are new customers to serve.
Existing brick and mortar sellers can be limited by their location. Customers must travel to visit your store. With eCommerce, you can sell to customers anywhere, anytime. This allows you to serve customers across the US, or internationally.
If you only sell on one eCommerce channel, like Amazon, then there's opportunity to sell on your own site to reach new customers. All eCommerce channels have a unique audience for sellers to take advantage of. For new sellers, eCommerce is the best way to reach the widest audience.
5. Provide More Information
An online presence allows you to provide more information about your products and services to your customers. A branded site especially gives sellers a place to provide key content to customers.
Key product content includes in-depth product descriptions, product comparisons, in-store inventory availability, and pricing. This information helps a customer make their purchasing decision both in-store or online.
Your eCommerce site can also provide more information about your business or how to use your products. Webpages can be dedicated to your brand's story and how your products are made. Blog posts and videos can also provide helpful content about the use of your products or services.
For example, food companies provide recipes and tips to consumers on their website. This type of content creates a story for your brand while providing an overall better customer experience. In a competitive market, this type of information sets you apart from other sellers.
6. Serve Niche Markets
eCommerce makes serving niche markets even easier. It can be hard for that rare coin collector to find a seller. However, the ease and breadth of the internet makes that search easier. If you sell a niche product or serve a niche market, you might find it easier to distribute your products online. You'll open your business to a greater depth of consumers.
7. Be Where Your Customers Are
The majority of consumers don't just research products online. Most consumers are now buying online, too.
According to comScore, shoppers now make 51% of their purchases online, compared to 48% in 2015 and 47% in 2014.
Sell where your customers are. If most of your customers shop online, then you should be selling online! eCommerce allows you to meet the shopping expectations of your customers.
What does the budget include?
Developing you Project with Ecommerce you will own the source code as we put it on your hosting account.
- Software installation on the server
- Set-Up the Shop
- Custom Theme matching your Business Branding
- Manual to create products
- Add Google Business Entry
- Add Twitter Card Validation
- Add Facebook OG Validation
- Google Analytics check, and configuration of UA if non-existent
- Analysis of references (competitor/s website/s)
- Create attractive call-to-action buttons
- Responsive version of the Store
- Contact form
- Mail address and/or contact telephone number visibility check
- Add customer/client references or your Google Reviews
- Specific software recommendations: store, CMS, other type of script
- Web search tool
- Creation of mailing list and embedding of subscription boxes
- Web news feed * .XML (RSS) for user subscriptions and content spread.
- Installation of free online help tools for visitors (direct support tawk.co).
- Integrate Facebook comments (option)
- Registration in Foursquare
- Typo and keyword domain bulk analysis.
- Natural web optimization for Google
- Avoid pages without content or under construction
- Avoid links to third-party websites and visitors bounces
- Verification of the website in Google Webmaster Central
- Optimised SEO keyword analysis
- Google Search Console reports
- Structure Data Tool analysis
Addons (not include and require an aditional fee)
- Product insertion
- SEO Optimization
- Store Maintenance
- Style Modification
- Specific Instructions (how-to)
- Plugin/Extensions/Mods installation
- You will own the source code
- Your Store will match your brand image
- You can control yous sales/offers/clients
- Reduced overhead costs: including payments for retail premises and staff wages
- An international marketplace: you have easier access to a worldwide audience
- Potential for rapid growth
- Captured customer database: Online marketing means targeting your customers just got a whole lot easier.
- Customer convenience: – having 24-hour access means they are more likely to enter your store and buy when they want
- For large stores, manipulation of the backend can be overwhelming
- Store costs: planning, designing, creating, hosting and securing your website can be expensive
- Security and fraud: If you don’t invest in properly securing your website, you may leave yourself open to security issues, such as hacking and transaction fraud
- Competition: A saturated marketplace means your online shopping business isn’t the only one offering a certain product or service
- Building up online credibility takes a lot more time and persistence
- Lack of personal customer service: it can be difficult to offer a personalised customer service experience in an online environment
|Ecommerce||Ecommerce Default Package||$4,600|
|Addons (Any addon require the payment for the Default Package ⇑)|
|Install Extension (extension price excluded)||Ecommerce Install Extension (extension price excluded) Addon||$200|
|Maintenance 10h/month||Ecommerce Maintenance 10h/month Addon||$999|
|SEO 3 Months||Ecommerce SEO 3 Months Addon||$4,000|
|*Terms and conditions apply.|